- 1. Our old normal was not okay, we were quite simply, living too fast and too furiously. Stress and limited time had become badges of honour.
- 2. The earth desperately needed a break from our incessant over-consumption, we should never ever allow that to happen again.
- 3. During lock-down it has become clear, that what we really need, above food and shelter, is other people.
- 4. Our homes really truly are our kingdoms and the place where we are safest and happiest.
- 5. The designer clothes in our wardrobe and the expensive cars on our driveways did us no good when push came to shove.
- 6. It was the strength of our minds, our relationships and our ability to adapt which saw us through the hardest of times.
- 7. When the world became dark and scary, it was not greed that appeared from every street in every town, it was kindness.
- 8. Our children are more adaptable than we think. We all are. We should always remember how well we did in a situation we could never have predicted.
- 9. We met ourselves in the quiet during the lock-down, we made a connection with ourselves we had been avoiding for a very long time. You may not even realise that but you did. Don’t let it slip again.
- 10. Our priorities in life needed rearranging, like the cupboards and the drawers we have been de-cluttering. Put family, kindness and people at the top and let everything else find its place in the pecking order.